Wisconsin Emergency Assistance Volunteer Registry (WEAVR)
Terms of Service
I hereby certify that all statements made in this application are true and I agree and understand that any misstatement, falsification, or omission of material facts may cause forfeiture of my eligibility for enrollment as a volunteer.
I further understand and agree that:
- By registering with or using the Wisconsin Emergency Assistance Volunteer Registry ("WEAVR"), I consent to the collection and use of my registration information to the State of Wisconsin and/or Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) unit of my choice and/or Wisconsin-1 Disaster Medical Assistance Team (WI-1 DMAT).
- I have the right to withdraw my application or discontinue my enrollment as a volunteer at any time by indicating the same in my registration profile.
- I am not guaranteed selection for placement as a volunteer during a public health or other emergency event.
- If selected for deployment during a public health or other emergency event, I have the right to refuse to serve as a WEAVR or MRC volunteer under any circumstances and for any reason.
- My application information may be shared with federal, state, regional or local partners for emergency preparedness and with those agencies where I consent to be placed as a volunteer.
- I will keep confidential the passwords associated with my profile and registration information.
- I am responsible for all activity made by me or anyone I allow to edit my profile, including my family or friends.
- I will update my profile information with any changes that occur.
I authorize my state, regional or local preparedness officials to check any information regarding my application and information about criminal background. By submitting this application, I authorize release of this information to necessary third parties for purposes of my registration and activities related to my deployment for services.
I agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any commercial purposes any portion of WEAVR, or access to the WEAVR site. All trademarks or logos appearing on the WEAVR site are the property of their respective owners.
Liability Insurance and Workers Compensation Coverage:
Wisconsin law, "Chapter 257 Emergency Volunteer Health Care Practitioners" provides liability protection and workers compensation for volunteers under the following circumstances. If a volunteer health care practitioner provides services for which the individual is licensed, certified, registered, or qualified, the practitioner will be indemnified and considered an employee of the state for worker’s compensation purposes if all of the following apply:
- The practitioner is not compensated by the health care facility, mass clinic, Wisconsin Department of Health Services, or local health department (except for travel, lodging, or meals).
- The practitioner is registered in the electronic system (known as "WEAVR") established by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services or first registers in writing with the health care facility or mass clinic.
- Reckless, wanton, or intentional misconduct is not covered.
- The services provided by the health care practitioner must occur during a state of emergency in the geographic area in which the state of emergency applies and on behalf of a health care facility or mass clinic, or at the request of the Wisconsin Department of Health Services or a local health department.
I understand that more information about volunteer liability and workers compensation protections in Wisconsin can be found on the WEAVR home page at http://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/preparedness/WEAVR/index.htm